- Our Fire Department who responded so quickly and thoroughly.
- Those who designed and constructed our school because, according to the restoration experts, the excellent design and construction of the school limited damage to just that particular section of the building.
- The numerous experts and workers in safety, restoration, air quality, and insurance adjustment who came in starting Sunday morning have been working through as long as necessary so we are able to have school on Monday.
- Horizon parents whose routines and childcare were unexpectedly disrupted but have remained supportive and understanding during this difficult situation.
- The various individuals and organizations in the county who contacted us with expressions of concern and offers to help.
I am reminded of a Midwest tradition in some communities of the community barn-raising. (See the DVD movie 'Witness’ for a nice visual on this custom.) When a family needed a barn, the entire community put their personal interests on hold for a day and came together to build the barn. It can happen rapidly because everyone pulls together in a common direction. The Horizon recovery felt so much like that to me. Thank you all for all you have done pulling together.
It is said one finds the character or mettle of a team in a crisis. I know Principal Kathi Klaas is proud of her Horizon team and I am proud of the district team that supported the Horizon team, as well. Thank you all for all you have done so well.
Have a peaceful, family-full, and wonderful Thanksgiving,